Anchorman Ron Burgundy is SO Wrong About Sea Otters!
In a recent appearance on The Conan O’Brien Show he said that sea otters are “the dumbest animal on Planet Earth.”
He’s so, so wrong – and we think, on reflection, he’ll conclude that, “I immediately regret this decision.”
Won’t you help restore the sea otters’ good name?
Sea otters can’t speak for themselves. (Though you can read their “Open Letter to Anchorman Ron Burgundy” below.)
But you can speak up for them!
Go on Twitter and tweet a challenge to @Will___Ferrell, to Conan O’Brien and to Paramount Pictures: “Anchorman Ron Burgundy is wrong about sea otters! He can visit them at @MontereyAq & learn what they’re REALLY like.”
Here’s what our sea otters have to say
Dear Anchorman Ron Burgundy,
We just learned that you’ve been saying mean things about sea otters.
This week on The Conan O’Brien Show you told the ENTIRE COUNTRY that we’re “the dumbest animal on Planet Earth.” “Boring as hell,” you said. On the bottom rung on your Hierarchy of Animal Positionology.
Here’s what we say:
Boo to you, Ron Burgundy! We stick out our tongues at you!
But — we are generous creatures, and we’re willing to keep an open mind. We don’t believe you’re a hopeless case. (You might — possibly — rank higher than the hermit crab on your own Positionology chart. Maybe.)
We invite you to pay us a visit at the Monterey Bay Aquarium — the center for sea otter conservation and inspiration. Meet us in person, mano a pata. We’re confident you’ll see the error of your ways, and realize how wrongheaded you’ve been about a species that might oh, we don’t know….maybe HOLD THE KEY to saving Planet Earth from the perils of climate change.
At the very least, we’ll crack open a crab or two for you to snack on.
Photos: Anchorman poster courtesy Paramount Pictures. Sea otter © Bill Coggin
Clara Oswald theory: Bad Wolf/Rose Tyler and Clara are somehow related
- Bad Wolf was able to see all of time and space and mold it. (ep: Journey’s End)
- Constant presence of roses around all three “versions” of Clara.
- ‘The most important leaf in human history’ was from a Norway Maple. (ep: The Rings of Akhaten). Darlig Ulv Stranden (a.k.a. Bad Wolf Bay) is located in Norway (ep: Doomsday / Journey’s End)
- On 5 March 2005, Rose Tyler first met the Doctor. (ep: Rose) 5 March 2005 is also the date when Clara’s mother died. (ep: The Rings of Akhaten).
- Clara is always wearing red clothes (or something red, like her bag in The Rings of Akhaten). Red is the color of most common roses. Also, this could be a clever reference to Red Riding Hood, whose enemy was the Wolf.
- The TARDIS doesn’t seem to like Clara (ep: The Rings of Akhaten). This may be due to the fact that she is an anomaly of the Universe. The same thing happened with Jack Harkness, since Bad Wolf gave him immortality. The TARDIS tried to shake Jack off (ep: Utopia).
- The car that almost hit Clara’s father is extremely similar to the one that killed Rose’s father (ep: The Rings of Akhaten / Father’s Day)
- Clara sings the Duran Duran song “Hungry Like A Wolf” (ep: Cold War)
inspired by [this]